CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 19, 2007

Well here it is Monday and I am finally sitting in my recliner checkin in. I am SICK!!!! This cold is going nowhere. It seems to like me so it has decided to stick around. Lucky me...NOT!
I missed the crop at TallyScrappers and another one somewhere else...I think it was Scrap The Moment :o(
I started some of the challenges but just couldn't get into it. Maybe today I can get into doing something. I want to do a girly board book, and possibly a fishing paper bag book for hubby. I went to the park with the kids and hubby (Mill Lake) figuring the fresh air would do me some good. Hubby fished and the kids and I walked the dog around the park. Darn thing pooped twice. What a law, pick it up so no one steps in it...well what if it is deep in the bush, of course where she always likes to do it. So not only am I picking up crap, I am picking up dead leaves and grass, etc. Oh fun...ha ha (I am being sarcastic here)
Well the fresh air was nice, but I came home and slept again, like I have all weekend. I have this raspy voice and a cough. It doesn't hurt too much to swallow until late evening.

I have a question for all of you. Where does it state in rules of marriage that the laundry (folding, drying, washing, sorting) is the woman's job??? As well as the cooking????
I understand that my hubby works during the day and yes it is nice to come home to a clean house and dinner on the table, but hey I am working to. These kids like my constant attention and yes at times NEED it. Is that not work???? Oh heck now they are arguing with me about going outside and I am telling them NO in my lovely voice. If this continues I won't have a voice by tonight.

So tis about it for my update. Missed ya all. Will be checkin' out your blogs and such in a bit.

Ciao!

7 comments:

6Pigtales and A Buzzcutboy said...

Hey I totally know where you are coming from..most times here I am cleaning up after a hurricane of 4 kids..its not easy! Just remember your a mom..and a good mom at that I bet, so you are rewarded that way..and as for the work..I look at it as..it will be done the right way when I do it so I might as well do it anyways..lol
Hope you feel better soon!

Dustanne said...

you have a good point....lol
and ya, I am a good mom, or I try to be, so at least when the kids grow up, they will know that mom has always been there :o)

Mrs Pretzel said...

My hubby and I traded. I do the Trash, and he does the laundry. I love it. And I have to disagree with munchkins. Housework done "wrong" is still houseowrk DONE. I'd rather sacrifice a few shirts than have to do the laundry. Just because my hubby doesn't do things MY way doesn't make his work less nice when I don't have to do it! LOL
~rachel

Christi said...

Oh goodness, I completely know what you mean! My DH devised a plan to get out of any housework...he works nights, so he sleeps all day...he's a smart man.
Of course, on the weekends...his hiney is MINE LOL!!!
Hope you feel better soon!

6Pigtales and A Buzzcutboy said...

In regards to Rachels comment:Well, I could care less if my housework is done wrong-I like it when it's done any which way. All I was saying is if you do it yourself and you like it a certain way then it's done the first time thats all. My husband does a lot around here and no matter how he does it it's just fine with me. And my kids help out with the laundry all the time and the clothes are not folded a " right " way..that stuff doesnt matter..and yes if its done its done.So I guess what Im saying is I don't have " My " way of doing things I love help around here.

Elle said...

I swear; someone in this house is ALWAYS sick. Last week it was me, hubby and little one. Last night I woke up to another kid barking away; probably croup because that would be Jenna.

It's never ending! Sprays screen with lysol!

Anonymous said...

ahhh, too bad. You work?.. you sit all day.